photo Tourist_zps35d439c3.jpg

Tim Burton Interview

in Johnny´s Gerüchteküche 26.10.2012 20:17
von Maria (gelöscht)

Hallo Lady's..das ist mein erster aktiver Beitrag zur Gerüchteküche, ich denke hier gehört es NOCH hin, oder?

Hollywood goth who wants to bring horror hero home

HOLLYWOOD director Tim Burton is hoping to shoot his next blockbuster in Ireland — with Johnny Depp in its fang-tastic lead role.

The eccentric film-maker wants to chronicle the life of original fright-writer Bram Stoker in what will be his first project on these shores.

And he’s keen to pay proper homage to the Dublin-born Dracula author by casting some of our brightest home-grown stars alongside heart-throb pal Depp.

Gothic genius Tim, whose past big screen gems include Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands and The Nightmare Before Christmas, revealed: “I find the story behind the man who created Dracula truly fascinating.

“The man created one of the most successful story genres the world will ever see and yet so few know anything about him.

“Stoker was such a brilliant mind, who existed with such intelligence, yet there was this darkness to him — an interest in the occult that fascinates me.

“So I’d love to give this story a shot, and if it went ahead, film at least some of it in Dublin where he was raised.

“It’s a beautiful city, it has that perfect backdrop for a project like this... dark yet inviting. It’s where Dracula was born.”

Today, a modest plaque outside Stoker’s former home on Kildare Street is one of the capital’s few tributes to the turn-of-the-century novelist.

But Tim, 54, reckons it will take long-time collaborator Depp to do him justice on the big screen — with some help from Ballymoney, Co Antrim beauty Jayne Wisener and Carlow’s Saoirse Ronan.

He said: “Johnny is someone who, every time I work with, he’s a new person — that’s what works so well with our relationship. So I of course would certainly at least consider him.

“And I’d love to work with Irish actors, like Jayne who I did Sweeney Todd with. She was a real find, wonderful to work with on that movie.

“She’s the type of person who inspires me, a relative newcomer who just blows everyone away.

“I also like that girl Saoirse Ronan — there’s something very interesting about her.”

Sadly, Tim won’t get the chance to work with one of his favourite actors, David Kelly.

The legendary performer, who starred as Grandpa Joe in Burton’s version of Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, died last February aged 82.

Tim revealed: “Wow, David, he really was one of the greats. A career that spanned generations, he’s up there with the likes of Christopher Lee in my eyes.

“And no one other than him could have played such an important character like Grandpa Joe.

“I’m obviously so privileged to have worked with him, and saddened that I won’t get that chance again. He was a remarkable man.”

Seven years after filming the Chocolate Factory, Burton’s taste for the darkly comic has hit another sweet spot with Irish movie-goers.

New animated flick Frankenweenie — featuring a young science buff who brings his beloved pet Sparky back to life with monstrous consequences — is already a smash at the box office. It’s the first Burton film since the 1999 hit Sleepy Hollow that doesn’t include Tim’s wife, quirky Helena Bonham Carter, in its credits.

But Tim admitted he had good reason to call on other stars who have worked with him in the past.

He explained: “Frankenweenie is so special for me. It was one of my first ideas as a young filmmaker so to finally get the go ahead to make it, I knew I had to work with actors who meant so much to me.

“Catherine O’Hara is one of my favourite people, we had such a blast on Beetlejuice, and Martin Short — they both voice so many characters in the film, it was like watching a masterpiece unveiled.

“And (Edward Scissorhands star) Winona Ryder I hadn’t worked with in a really long time.

“She was my first muse, there was something about her from the first minute I met her that was otherworldly, she just gives off this majestic energy. So for a movie like this which is so important to me, of course she had to be a part of it, I couldn’t have had it any other way.”

Rumour has it that the Californian is also revisiting one of his finest movies — and he revealed to the Irish Sun that a sequel to cult classic Beetlejuice may be in the pipeline.

He confessed: “There is a script being potentially written as far as I’m aware, but my attitude to that, I’m not really thinking about it. If I like the script, maybe?

“But I don’t know, could it potentially work? Or could it be suicide for all involved. I mean so many people loved that movie, so I don’t know.”

Naturally, Halloween is a big deal in the Burton/Bonham Carter household — and the dad-of-two revealed he hosts a ghoulish bash every year.

He said: “Christmas is great but as a kid, Halloween was just so much more creative. You could really let your imagination go anywhere.

“We always have a big party, we’re still recovering from last year and against better judgment are going to go ahead again this year.”

Does he demand his A-list mates dress up in costume? He laughed: “What kind of party would that be if they didn’t?”

Many Thanks to Gilbert's Girl from JDZ

zuletzt bearbeitet 26.10.2012 20:37 | nach oben springen

RE: Tim Burton Interview

in Johnny´s Gerüchteküche 27.10.2012 10:48
von Andy (gelöscht)

Also ich hoffe, dass dieses Projekt erst in einer weeeeeit entfernten Zukunft in Angriff genommen wird. Ich brauche das nicht!

nach oben springen

in Johnny´s Gerüchteküche 27.10.2012 17:40
von Conny | 803 Beiträge | 3867 Punkte

Da geht´s mir wieder anders.
Freu´ mich auf jedes neue Projekt von Johnny mit Tim gemeinsam.

nach oben springen

in Johnny´s Gerüchteküche 27.10.2012 22:39
von Caroline | 964 Beiträge | 5007 Punkte

Ich schließe mich Conny an. Freue mich auch jedes Mal, wenn die beiden zusammen an einem Projekt arbeiten.

nach oben springen

in Johnny´s Gerüchteküche 28.10.2012 06:57
von Alex (gelöscht)

Bin ganz bei dir, Andy...bitte noch warten, am besten wieder vergessen

zuletzt bearbeitet 28.10.2012 06:57 | nach oben springen

in Johnny´s Gerüchteküche 28.10.2012 10:13
von Corinna | 1.269 Beiträge | 6800 Punkte

Ich freue mich auch, dass die Beiden wieder ein gemeinsames Projekt planen.
Sie sollten aber meiner Meinung nach noch ein bisschen damit warten.

"Just keep moving forward and don't give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you." - Johnny Depp
nach oben springen

in Johnny´s Gerüchteküche 28.10.2012 12:53
von Massie | 2.110 Beiträge | 11043 Punkte

Oh ja, damit warten sollten sie schon nach ein wenig. Ich finde die Filme der Beiden zwar super, aber immer nur Tim&Johnny Filme geht auch nicht...

"Ich glaube ganz fest daran, dass wir alle ziemlich verrückt sind. Jeder auf seine Art." ~by Johnny~

"Eine weitere Träne lief meine Wange hinunter. Ich liebte ihn immer noch sehr, aber würde ich ihm wirklich je wieder verzei­hen können?" ~by me aus meinem Buch~

"Alle Träume können wahr werden, wenn wir den Mut haben ihnen zu folgen, egal wohin der Weg auch führt!" ~by me~
nach oben springen

in Johnny´s Gerüchteküche 28.10.2012 17:05
von pepe le pew | 134 Beiträge | 745 Punkte

Also wenn das eine ähnlich gute Biopic wird wie Finding Neverland dann wäre dies definitiv eines meiner kommenden Wunschprojekte. Zudem bin ich mir sicher, dass kaum ein anderer die Geschichte von Bram Stoker besser verfilmen könnte als Tim Burton.

Ich habe zudem auch nie meine Probleme mit den Depp/Burton-Projekten gehabt. Es war nur eine Frage der Zeit, wann das nächste Projekt startet. Die zwei sind Seelenverwandte, die gemeinsam großartige Filme gemacht haben. Sie werden noch bis zu ihrem Ende verrückte Ideen miteinander austauschen und für die Leinwand adaptieren. Und ich freue mich bereits jetzt wie ein kleines Kind auf jede einzelne dieser zukünftigen Filmperlen. Da verzichte ich lieber auf dieses mögliche SciFi-Projekt. Brauche wirklich keinen zweiten Spencer Armacost. Der erste hat mir schon gereicht...

zuletzt bearbeitet 28.10.2012 17:07 | nach oben springen

in Johnny´s Gerüchteküche 29.10.2012 13:25
von Caroline | 964 Beiträge | 5007 Punkte

Zwischendurch mag ich SciFi-Filmge ganz gerne. Von daher bin ich schon darauf gespannt. Bei den Depp/Burton -Projekten hast Du schon recht. Die beiden sind echt toll.

nach oben springen

in Johnny´s Gerüchteküche 29.10.2012 17:54
von Andy (gelöscht)

Es tut mir Leid, aber ich bin im Moment echt übersättigt mit Tim/Johnny Projekten. Ich fände es wirklich gut, wenn Johnny mal wieder mit anderen Regisseuren, als Tim, Verbinski und Co. arbeiten würde. Es kann ihm doch nicht genügen, immer und immer wieder denselben Trott zu fahren. Überall versucht er sich an neuen Dingen, nur filmisch, da dreht er sich in letzter Zeit ständig im Kreis...kommt nichts Innovatives mehr. Mensch, da käme doch mal so ein Regiedebüt eines Kameramannes gerade richtig.

nach oben springen

in Johnny´s Gerüchteküche 27.12.2012 23:21
von Linda Marie | 842 Beiträge | 4412 Punkte

Ich weiss nicht ob das nun hier rein passt,aber ich wollte mich bei euch mal erkundigen ob ihr was oder sogar mehr darüber wisst? Ich hab von nem Gerücht gelesen über Tim´s Beetlejuice Fortsetzung,auch mit der gleichen Besetzung,sprich Michael Keaton als Beetlejuice und Winona Ryder wieder als Lydia,die wollten sich ja auch alle mal im Warner Bros.-Studio treffen,lies Winona mal durchläuten. Tim meinte wenn das Drehbuch stimmen würde,könnte man dem Projekt eine Chance geben.Also ich würde mich rießig darüber freuen,sofern kein erzwungener Mist dabei raus kommt,also geb ich ihm Recht,dass Drehbuch muss auf jeden Fall stimmen! Weiss jemand mehr darüber,ich finde leider nicht´s mehr,könnt ja aber sein,dass ihr da besser informiert seit?

(Quelle:Tumblr)
nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 376 Themen und 27976 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 617 Benutzer (31.08.2014 21:44).